Spring is Here!
The flowers are blooming, the birds are serenading, does your Home still feel like it’s stuck with winter blues? It’s time to open the windows and let the fresh air in! Spring cleaning is a tradition that allows us to freshen up our homes and get a head start on the hectic seasons of spring and summer. Our 10 Spring Cleaning Tips For Your Home will help to get you started.
Every home needs at least one big clean a year; and spring is often considered the best time.
Historically, this was due to all the dust and dirt generated from burning coal, oil and wood through the dark, cold winter nights, but even today our homes are in need of big clean, following months of muddy shoes and boots being dragged through the home.
10 Spring Cleaning Tips For Your Home
If you are going to tackle the big clean yourself, these expert tips from A C Cleaning Services will ensure your home is sparkling for the warmer months ahead:
1) Make A Plan – Decide which rooms need the most attention, most used rooms and High Traffic Areas.
2) Get Ready – Make a list of all the spring cleaning products that you are going to need. Purchase your spring cleaning products that are good quality because you don’t want to have to clean twice.
3) Quickest, most efficient way to clean your home – Clean from the top level of your home to the bottom; in each room, clean from top to bottom, starting on the left and moving right.
4) Always dust the room first and then vacuum – because any dust or dirt that falls onto the floor will be picked up by the vacuum.
5) Dusting – The best dust cloth to use is a damp, clean, microfibre cloth. The cloth should be damp enough to pick up dust without leaving moisture streaks on the furniture surface. If there’s pet hair on upholstery, a damp microfibre cloth or rubber glove will remove it easily. Get rid of cobwebs in hard-to-reach corners and crevices with a feather duster. This is also good to use on lampshades which can look grey and dusty in a brighter spring light.
6) Mopping and vacuuming – Replace your vacuum bag before you start. This will ensure full suction power. Start washing the floor from the farthest corner and work your way towards the door. Use a damp cloth on the end of the mop handle to reach the narrow space between appliances.
7) Baked-on food inside the microwave – Fill a cup with water and microwave it on full power for a few minutes. The steam will help soften the splatters, so you can wipe it clean more easily.
8) Dishcloths and sponges can be incubators for germs – Wash cloths regularly and microwave damp sponges on high for several minutes to kill bacteria. Even better, use microfibre cloths only as they dry quickly and help prevent the spread of germs.
9) Hard-to-reach areas – Use a toothbrush to clean in the bathroom and kitchen e.g. around the soap dish, taps and drain.
10) Cleaning windows – Wipe the interior side of the glass horizontally and the exterior side vertically. This way it will be easy to determine if the streaks are inside or out.
When To Call in the Professionals?
Once you have used our 10 Spring Cleaning Tips For Your Home take a look at https://accleaningservices.co.uk/ to see how we can help keep your carpets and hard flooring cleaner for longer which means you don’t have to clean as often.
Cleaning throughout the year helps keep on top of things and a professional deep clean once or twice a year helps maintain a clean home all year round. Saving you precious time on your next Spring Clean. A clean and comfortable home helps reduce stress, especially if the professionals do the work for you!
Book a deep spring clean at a time that suits you and avoid any permanent stains or unsightly dirt fixing into your home before it’s too late. A bit like a chipped windscreen; organising a deep, thorough clean will remove stains and bacteria before they start to make themselves at home!
Areas We Cover
Cheltenham, Stroud, Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Winchcombe, Cirencester, Tetbury, Nailsworth, Stonehouse, Charlton Kings, Bishops Cleeve, Hatherley, Benhall, Brimscombe, Kings Stanley, Leonard Stanley, Leckhampton, Thrupp, Bussage, Dursley, Thornbury, Yate, Painswick, Rodborough, Cashes Green, Cam, Bisley, Birdlip, All of Gloucestershire and the surrounding areas.
If your town or city is not listed send us an email I’m sure we can help or recommend another professional.